The Big Data and IoT solutions provider, WidasConcepts announces their new development – CarbookPlus. The solution is known to enable Big Data vehicle management solution for the automotive-industry in India.
Commenting on the development, Vishwa Kiran, CEO – India at WidasConcepts said, “With more than 90 percent of all innovations in the automotive industry based on electronics and IT systems, there is no dearth of data being generated by these vehicles. The number of vehicles, which are connected to the Internet, is increasing. These send and receive data via the cloud. User can be networked via open platforms and exchange relevant information which also actively support the driver and provides extensive usage information.”
How Does it Work?
- CarbookPlus essentially crunches data that is supplied by vehicles and collates information from different sources such as maintenance log books, traffic cameras, fuel-station data and helps customers take real time decisions.
- The driver can see useful instructions such as speed-camera alerts, traffic info or the closest convenient gas station.
- Networked vehicles communicate with each other and warn themselves of road works, accidents, damaged roads, etc.
- With added features like ability to keep all bills related to the vehicle stored on cloud via mobile applications, CarbookPlus helps drivers to get information available from a single source.
- Ultimately CarbookPlus reduces the TCO (total cost of ownership) of the vehicle for the driver or the owner.
The company also asserts that the solution is a free, independent and user-friendly community platform merging all the information about the vehicles, assist drivers and car owners take judicial calls on how to manage, monitor and navigate their vehicles efficiently.
“Another feature is the community feedback, which helps users take critical decisions. Companies with fleet using this platform receive even a complete electronic fleet management using the platform concluded Vishwa Kiran.“