Underscoring market trends of high-end digital production color market, Xerox extends its iGen family by rolling out iGen 5 Press. Adding a fifth color option, tweaked press uptime and multiple speed choices, the company touts that thousands of iGen presses are already creating billions of high-quality, high-margin sales brochures, posters, photo books and pieces of direct-mail – often personalized and always in vibrant color.
Print providers can now easily scale architectures, upgrade from one speed to another with added option of iGen 5 150 Press (150 ppm), iGen 5 120 Press (120 ppm) or iGen 5 90 Press (90 ppm).
Other key features:
- An EFI Fiery or Xerox FreeFlow Print Server to automate and integrate the workflow process from order to finish.
- Gloss or matte dry ink options that add to the presses’ ability to create unique and eye-grabbing applications.
- 26-inch sheet size to enable more jobs and applications such as six-panel brochures, gatefold pamphlets, pocket folders and direct-mail campaigns.
- 2400 x 2400 dpi imaging system, Object Oriented Halftoning, Xerox Confident Color and Auto Density Control to deliver reliable and predictable image quality.
- A range of inline finishing solutions, including Xerox IntegratedPLUS Finishing and Dual Mode Sheet Feeder to manage jobs with diverse finishing requirements.
Commenting on the launch of iGen 5, Balaji Rajagopalan, Executive Director, Technology, Channels & International Distributor Operations, Xerox India said, “This machine has the capability to revolutionize the high-end digital printing segment. The iGen 5 is fully customizable to meet page volume, application type and color needs – all while delivering market-leading press uptime. The launch of the iGen platform back in 2002 had completely changed the outlook of the high-end digital printing market and now with the iGen 5 Press’s outstanding capabilities will surely make a similar impact.”
The optional fifth color unit increases the ability to match a larger gamut of Pantone colors or unknown spot colors without hindering productivity. Orange, green or blue options supplement CMYK and can accurately hit distinctive brand colors without moving short runs to offset, said in the release.
“The iGen family is a key differentiator for us. The machines from this family are feature rich, high on productivity, offer great color outputs and are one of the most productive digital presses available in the market today. Xerox has always been at the helm of innovation and we continue to understand customer demands and make products tailored to meet those demands; the launch of iGen 5 Press is a testament of our commitment to our customers added Balaji”.
The iGen 5 is an extended offering from the iGen family – the iGen 150 and iGen4 Diamond Edition.