Yokogawa Electric has launched OpreX Data Model Broker, a plant data transformation platform in the OpreX Connected Intelligence lineup.
OpreX Data Model Broker automatically verifies the consistency of data in different plant designs and instrumentation systems and enables their inter-utilization by applying ontology, an AI technique, in database operation and management.
Design Data Validation, the first component to be released by Yokogawa for this platform, assists in the complicated and time-consuming task of systematically identifying and confirming inconsistencies between piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID) and 3D piping diagrams.
By automatically identifying such inconsistencies in massive volumes of data, this component greatly enhances work efficiency and drastically reduces the number of man-hours required for such work.
In many cases, vastly time-consuming manual checks must be performed to ensure there is complete consistency in all data. While 3D piping diagrams usually number in the few thousands, there can be 10,000 or more of these documents with a large-scale project, and all this data is currently checked manually.
As such, there is a strong demand for a system that uses digital technology to increase data interoperability and ensure its reliability.
To meet this very pressing need, Yokogawa has developed OpreX Data Model Broker, a plant data transformation platform that promotes the interoperability and increased utilization of data throughout the plant life cycle.
The following consistencies are automatically verified by Design Data Validation in the OpreX Data Model Broker:
- Piping attribute information
- Cross-checks the piping attribute information in P&ID and 3D piping diagrams.
- Piping component attribute information and sequences
- Validates attribute information for each piping component as well as the sequences of them.
- Flange specifications
- If a change to a piping specification is designated for a valve end in a P&ID, it validates the piping specifications for the relevant valve and associated flange in the 3D piping diagram.
- Flow direction for piping components
- Checks that the flow direction for each piping component in the 3D piping diagram matches the process flow direction in the P&ID.