Easy-to-deploy MP7000 multi-plane imager and new Data Capture DNA software suite advances data capture experience for businesses and channel partners
Zebra Technologies Corporation launched the MP7000 multi-plane 1D/2D imager for grocers, discount chains and warehouse clubs to accelerate checkout lines. Zebra has also introduced the Data Capture DNA software suite of productivity, management, application development and visibility tools and utilities.
Data Capture DNA works with Zebra handheld, fixed-mount and companion scanners, as well as the new MP7000 to simplify device integration, deployment and management – helping businesses and Partner Connect channel partners realize enhanced benefits from their technology investments.
Key Features of MP7000
- The DataCapture DNA-enhanced MP7000 builds off the success of its MP6000 predecessor — the industry’s first all imager-based solution in a traditional bioptic form-factor — by adding new technology innovations including:
- Image capture capability for cashiers to easily capture receipts, utility bills or items not on file
- An intelligent illumination system which, on average, consumes up to 60 percent less power than competitive devices, helping to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) and energy use while supporting corporate green initiatives
- Integrated horizontal and vertical scale platter which increases the active surface area for easy, accurate weighing of large items, helping reduce revenue loss from inaccurate weighing of over sized items
- Fewer components, no moving parts and an upper housing that can be removed without tools, making it significantly easier and more cost-effective to service or upgrade with optional features such as a customer side scanner which allows shoppers to simultaneously scan mobile coupons, loyalty cards and impulse buys without slowing down the checkout transaction.
- Zebra’s advanced scanning technology enables the MP7000 scanner scale to quickly capture virtually any printed or electronic barcode in any condition – including Digimarc-enhanced product packages, reducing the time shoppers spend in line.
Key Features of DNA
- DataCapture DNA is a set of unique software tools and utilities that enhances the scanning experience for customers utilizing and channel partners reselling Zebra data capture devices.
- Manageability tools like 123Scan and Remote Management simplify the configuration, monitoring and upgrades for a single device or an enterprise-wide fleet of Zebra data capture devices, helping to reduce the TCO.
- DataCapture DNA enables Zebra data capture solutions to consistently operate at peak performance for maximum productivity.
- A suite of software tools decreases development time across all major operating systems, allowing IT teams to more quickly and easily integrate Zebra data capture devices into their business operations.
Deep Agarwal, Regional Sales Director – India, Zebra Technologies, said, “Providing an exemplary customer experience is no longer a competitive differentiator – it’s a business requirement. Zebra’s new MP7000 scanner scale will help keep checkout lines moving and allow retailers to process more transactions per day. With the introduction of the Data Capture DNA software suite, Zebra is also expanding its legacy of innovation in the barcode scanning industry with a set of unique tools that simplify the entire scanning experience from integration to deployment and management, providing convenience and a lower TCO for businesses.”